2018 Excellence in Journalism Awards Call for Entries
The Press Club of New Orleans is now accepting entries for the 60th annual Excellence in Journalism Awards Gala. All entries are due by 9 p.m. on April 6.
We are once again using the Better Newspaper Competition web-based submission process, which means no more clipping tear sheets, making video dubs or mailing in photographs. It’s as simple as uploading a Word document, PDF, jpeg or tiff. As for video, it’s as simple as submitting a URL. All videos must now be uploaded to YouTube. Links must be kept active until awards night for judging purposes. Your entries could be disqualified if we are not able to access them in this manner. All Public Relations category entries must now be uploaded.
Check out the 2018 Excellence in Journalism Categories Listing
All entrants must be a paid member of the Press Club to submit nominations for the annual Excellence in Journalism competition. Anyone submitting an entry must be a paid member by our deadline for entries, which is April 6 at 9 p.m. or your entries will be disqualified. If you have not already signed up or renewed your membership, you can still become a member by completing the online process. To access our membership page, click here.
• Please read the category description for which you are submitting to make sure you are meeting the requirements. The Press Club Board of Directors Awards Committee will review all entries to make sure they are in the appropriate category. If they are not, a representative will contact you to discuss further.
• Please note new rules and category changes that are highlighted in the category listings.
All entries are $25. Payment for awards submissions can be made online at the BNC website. When you are done submitting your entries, click on “Manage Entries” and in the upper right corner; click “Calculate Entry Fee.” This will give you the total amount you owe for submissions. You may now submit your payment through PayPal.
Entries to the Press Club of New Orleans’ Excellence in Journalism Awards will be submitted using a web-based program at www.betterbnc.com.
- Once you arrive at the BNC website, you will select “Open Call.” If you are a returning contestant, login and submit your entries. Otherwise, you will need to create an account with BNC.
- If you have entered via “Contestant” in the past, simply login and submit. Otherwise, please use Open Call.
- If you are a “Contest Manager” (one who submits for their organization), please access your account through “Contestant” login page, or create an account.For more detailed step-by-step instructions, or if you have questions while submitting or have login issues, please contact BNC tech support at http://www.betterbncsupport.comThe deadline for all entries is APRIL 6, 2018 at 9:00PM.
For awards submission questions, please email to email@example.com and we will respond as quickly as possible. If you are submitting under the Television division and have additional questions, please contact Doug Mouton at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will release the finalists at our annual meeting in June. Best wishes and good luck!
Press Club of New Orleans